Pages

Thoughts on ways to improve the management of professional services firms

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Slater and Gordon Lists - the world's first listed law firm?

In an earlier post, Corporatisation - Law follows Accountancy in Australia, I reported on plans to list the Melbourne headquartered law firm Slater & Gordon on the Australian Stock Exchange.

The firm has now listed, opening at a 32 per cent premium to the issue price. Those interested can find more details here. For reasons outlined earlier, it is unlikely to be the last.

Later - 23 May

I had a complete update done on this story, but the lost it all in a program crash. Woe is me. I had not saved it as I went along because either that would have taken the post of screen (draft) or have put up a part amended post (publish).

I am now out of time. I will redo it as a new post.

No comments: