Pages

Thoughts on ways to improve the management of professional services firms

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Chris Marston's 4C's of Value Pricing

Rather a good post by Chris Marston on Inside the Firm of the Future, The 4 C's of Value Pricing: Get it or forget it!

Starting with a quote:

Let me start out by explaining that the Price of work in a Value Price model has NOTHING to do with your time. Say it with me now " The Price of work has NOTHING to do with time." Write it on the board 50 times and say it out loud at least 3 times a day. Value Pricing is about Adding Value to the client and Charging for the value you add. . . . It is ENTIRELY based on Value to the client. Yes, I'm going to have to ask you to repeat that to: It is ENTIRELY based on Value to the client.

Now I know that clients, especially Government clients, make this hard by actually demanding precise, visible, time estimates. They do this even though it reduces value to them. I also know that there are contract worlds in which value pricing does not work.

But all this said, I do commend this post to you as a good introduction to value based pricing.

No comments: