Pages

Thoughts on ways to improve the management of professional services firms

Friday, November 03, 2006

Corporatisation & Structural Change in Law - a Canadian Perspective

As part of my monitoring I came across a very useful post on the Canadian Slaw blog, the practice of law in the 21st century, looking at some of the changes in the profession from a Canadian perspective.

One thing that I found interesting were the similarities between the Australian and Canadian perspectives. The writer, Jordan Furlong, looks at the changes in the UK as a consequence of national competition policy, linking this to possible changes in Canada.

In Australia, too, national competition policy has forced changes across all the professions, with the change wave now hitting law.

I note that Canada also has problems in attracting lawyers to regional areas. I suspect that, again like Australia, this problem is not unique to law. All very interesting.

No comments: