Pages

Thoughts on ways to improve the management of professional services firms

Friday, December 22, 2006

Five Things Meme




Photo: Belshaw Family, Rome January 2005

Everybody appears to start their post on this one by saying something like "I'll admit I am not a huge fan of chain letters or tagging games." They then go on to do it anyway!

In Tony Karrer's words:

In terms of tagging - I'm not sure who's already gone through this ... I apologize for continuing the pain ... hehehehe ... you see after you've been hazed, you ... well, you know ...

Thanks, Tony, I think, for tagging me.

What does all this mean? Well, the idea is that we all say five things about ourselves that people might not know then nominate some others to do the same.

It's not a bad idea at all because it means that people find out something personal on blogs that can be very serious. I have found that interesting and also found the process interesting because it has introduced me to some new blogs.

The five things about me:

  1. I am married with three wonderful girls, wife Denise and daughters Helen (18) and Clare (16). My daughters keep me young in part because they keep me in touch allowing me to span generations in a way that might not otherwise be possible.
  2. For the last few years I have mainly worked from home because in a two working parent household I have been the primary child carer. Cooking, transport, school things etc. This has had its professional costs, but has given me a closeness to my daughters that I value greatly.
  3. Tennis is now the only sport I play, badly but enjoyably, but I remain an inveterate sport watcher. Sport of all types. I especially enjoy watching the super 14 Rugby with my eldest daughter, although we have yet to win the tipping competition.
  4. This will not come as a surprise to those who read my personal blog, but I have wide interests, insatiable curiosity as to how things work and am sometimes far too serious for my own good. My family keeps on working on the last.
  5. The personal things I most enjoy are reading, activities with my family and conversation with friends. I used to enjoy cooking until I ended up doing it all the time. The things I enjoy least are city driving and tidying the house up!

Now who to tag for personal and professional variety?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

Thanks! Nice to be tagged across continents. I've already answered this meme but not on my PR blog. You can find my five things here: http://mrh.ca/blog/?p=120

I probably should have cross-posted it to my other blog (I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote and posted my answers).

All the best!
-- Martin

Jim Belshaw said...

Martin, thanks for this. The link helped me tour through the Hofmann world, a tour that I enjoyed. I have a cousin, Diana Belshaw, living in Toronto, active in the theatre scene.