- 24 July 2006. Introductory post on topic.
- 25 July 2006. Professionals vs managers looks at the differences in training and approach between professionals and managers.
- 26 July 2006. Developing management skills begins our discussion on ways of improving management skills among professionals.
- 27 July 2006. A training primer 1 starts our discussion on overall training issues. A key conclusion was that training could offer significant economic pay-backs if, but only if,the training process focused on and integrated total learning within the firm, including informal learning.
- July 28 2006. A training primer 2 extends the discussion, looking at different categories of training needs, competency based approaches and organisational vs individual needs.
- 3 August 2006. A training primer 3 completes our immediate discussion of overall training issues covering the need for realism, immediate action steps and the integration of appraisal systems and performance measurement.
- 9 August 2006. Getting the horse to the training water responds to a comment about ways of getting people to do training.
- 18 August 2006. Maister on Training looks at the reasons why David Maister will not provide training to certain firms.
- 28 August 2006. Recruitment moves the people management discussion from training to recruitment, the first step in the people chain.
- 31 August 2006. Induction provides an induction check list to help you better integrate new people into the firm.
- 11 September 2006. People Management in Professional Services - Effective Delegation look at ways of improving delegation in professional services firms.
- 11 October 2006. Communications Skills and the Professional discusses communications skills among professionals.
- 14 October 2006. Changing Gender Balances in the Professions - a question for you asks to what extent changing gender balances are affecting firm management.
- 20 October 2006. Designing a Good Performance Appraisal System discusses why so many staff appraisal systems fail and looks at the features of a good system.
- 12 October 2006. Blogs and Blogging - Stocktake of Posts as at 12 October 06
- 24 September 2006. Professional Mudmaps - Cultural Differences Across the Professions: Stocktake of Posts as at 24 September 06
7 September 2006. People Management in Professional Services - Previous Posts as at 7 September 06 (now replaced and will be deleted from the next list of previous stocktakes)